Click the titles below to see some of our frequently asked questions:
How many changes of clothes should I bring?
Suggestions for Girls:
- Think of the shape of the neckline (t-shirts are not very flattering).
- Bring a wide scoop or v-neck. Strappy tops are good and something lacy if you want the feminine touch or a bit of glamour.
- Bring a selection of light and dark. Soft colours can work well too – greys, blues and soft pinks for example – but no stripes or spots!
- A cream shirt with a collar can work really well for both blonde and dark hair, but your own personal style is best, it’s important that you feel comfortable. If you have none of the above, don’t worry – I have the basics here.
- Bring your make-up and if you wear earrings, feel free to bring those too.
Suggestions for Boys:
- T-shirts work well, but also bring shirts with a collar – both dark and light versions. All these are informal options; feel free to bring a suit jacket and a tie if this is your style.
- Denim and leather jackets if you want more of a rugged look.
- A white t-shirt and jacket can also work well also military green, don’t be afraid to bring brighter colours.
Do you offer headshots in black and white and colour?
Yes. Black and White used to be the norm, but has been overtaken by colour. I provide proofs in colour, you can decide later if changed to B/W on request. B/W can still pack a punch and can look good on your can look really professional on your page beside a colour photo. Colour is used widely in the US and Europe but we still use b/w in the UK.
Do you mind me shaving half way through?
I’m totally fine stopping to allow gents to do this. There’s a well-lit bathroom with a good mirror and a towel provided!
My chosen photos are 'Finished' - what does this mean?
The photos are taken in RAW which is the highest possible quality available. The RAW files have to go through a process to turn them in to a jpg so that you can use the photos on line. ‘Finishing’ is taking the photos through this process. I send the proofs to you online and when you have made your choice, your photos are taken to the next stage : they are colour corrected & cropped to the standard Spotlight size 10×8. They will then be touched up for any unwanted blemishes, stray hairs etc… and saved for you on disc. They can also be sent electronically if you prefer. I also print them as hard copies 10×8 glossy and these are sent to you by post.
Do you work evenings or weekends?
Because I use natural light I don’t shoot headshots in the evening, I do work weekends though. I tend to shoot after midday.
Do you offer additional high resolution images?
Yes, I can provide these for £20 each.
How should I pay?
Payment on the day is preferred, by cash, cheque or bank transfer.
Can I have all of the unedited photos?
Short answer is sorry but no. Trust that I have created the proofs from the very best shots from our session together. I am only interested in you having your photos arrive at the highest possible standard, highlighting both you the actor and me the photographer. Trust me to complete the work, to find the true gems among the photos, and to make them shine. If I send all unedited photos to you it will be sending you an unprofessional portfolio which is not good for either of us.